One hot & boring weekday Marli, Stacy, and I towed the kids to Bouncin’ Off The Walls. The kids absolutely loved it. They played hard for two solid hours and completely used up their energy – and that’s saying something for Emily. She took such a great nap afterwards. It was a lot of fun - of course I was the designated parent that got to go in and “supervise” the kids because I wasn’t 7 months pregnant or towing a 6 month old - but I think I’d definitely be up for going again. And hopefully I’ll remember socks next time. Thanks for saving us Marli!

We had a family party at our cabin a few Sundays ago. Jeff and I were just talking about taking Emily on a hike when I noticed that she was looking at me with the deer-caught-in-the-headlights look & she started dancing and shaking her hand. Using those “motherly instincts” I quickly realized that she had touched the light bulb on the lamp that was next to us & burned her finger. Jeff raced her to the kitchen sink and ran it under water. She was such a good little girl and didn’t cry at all. Of course she was extremely cuddly and didn’t want to play anymore either. She insisted on keeping ice on it to make it feel better until we got to Papa Holbrook’s to put medicine and a band-aid on it. It’s definitely looking better now but you can still see where the burn was and her skin is still a bit red. We felt so bad about the whole thing but she was such a brave girl and she has now learned not to touch light bulbs.

Last Saturday we had a primary activity. Since I’m in the presidency and needed to be there, Emily got to come along. We had a water slide and water balloons for the kids. Of course the slide was a hit (and also very slick) and Emily was able to get her first taste of water balloons. I think her favorite part was lunch though. She sucked down all of her Capri Sun and most of another and as you can see by the picture, she loved the pizza too.



2 comments:
Bouncing off the walls was so fun. Thanks again for the invite. The primary activity looked really fun too.
O' I had to tell you that when I saw the picture of Emily's finger with the big blister it totally gave me chills because those kinds of burns hurt so bad. What a tough little girl!!!
Post a Comment