So I thought it was tough making a post when you’re busy. Trying to make a post when you’re busy and your computer also dies doesn’t work out so well either. It’s been crappy timing with loosing the desktop – not only don’t I have access to my pictures, but all my documents that I’ve put together in the last month or two. So that includes all the Christmas ideas and info that I’d gathered, all of my numbers and info for weddings (which I of course would have two of this week), my scrapbooking software and pages in progress, and any other little thing that I might normally not need right now but since I can’t get it, I do.
Besides our computer dilemma we have done a few things in the last little bit. Jeff had a Thursday night Varsity Football game instead of Friday last week, so Emily and I killed some time “going to the movies.” In other words, we went to my parent’s house and watched one - which is just as good since they have a big screen and even better becuase they have a pause button. And did I mention it was FREE? We’ve been cooped up all week (future post about why coming soon) and we needed to get out and do something different. So even though nobody was home, Emily was thrilled to watch “Ariel” and have some popcorn. And she loved it when Matthew got home from football and came and joined us.


Since Jeff didn’t have a game on Friday we were finally able to visit our friends Tyler & Marli and their new little baby. Emily was excited to see Hayden but not near as excited as Hayden was to have Emily over. However, all Emily wanted to do at first was hold the baby. With the newness of a baby having worn off for Hayden already I think he was a bit bummed about that. But Emily soon got her fill and was off playing cars and chasing Hayden around. Congrats Ty & Marli. Xander is adorable and so sweet and cuddly. (Oh, and I of course forgot my camera so no pics of Xander and Emily. Hopefully next time.)
Conference this weekend was great and I really enjoyed watching it. I’d been looking forward to it for quite some time. As expected I wasn’t able to give it my full attention, but Emily did fairly well. She played with her blocks, cars, books, babies and everything she’s not supposed to like the phone and the kitchen sink. She did enjoy the singing though and sang along with most of the songs.

Jeff’s brother, Stan, also came into town for work so we got to go to see him the other night. We went to see "Forever Strong" (since Jeff and Stan both played Highland Rugby) and then had dinner. Emily was really excited to see him, but of course disappointed that Melanie wasn’t with him (and she kept asking for Heather and Ella too. Sorry Brad). Emily kept us all entertained and then some through dinner. It’s too bad Jeff’s brothers don’t live closer. Although we’re glad Stan gets to do the company recruiting back home and we get to see him more than twice a year.
1 comment:
Emily is a bright little star in our universe! I love her smile.
Post a Comment