Sunday, March 8, 2009

This And That

Monday my older sister, mom and I went to help my sister-in-law move into her new house. While Jenn and I assembled Stacy's kitchen, my mom was kind enough to watch all the kids. Emily had a blast playing with Jackson, Sara & Lucy two days in a row. They of course spent a good chunk of their time outdoors (Ahh! I am SO ready for spring!). When we first visited Nick & Stacy's new place and Emily saw the red play house out back she turned to Jeff and said, "Jackson has a farm!"
It's automatically a barn if it's red, right?

To fill some of our time this week when it was snowy and rainy I decided to pull out some finger paints. Emily loved it. Since she had such a good time I decided to take my sister up on her offer of borrowing their art easel. Since retrieving the new play item Emily has become quite the artist. She's colored all kinds of pictures with chalk and crayons and keeps asking to paint too. I've yet to attempt that one again.


Since it's been the down season for weddings I decided to start offering my services to the church. Actually, my little sister is the Stake Relief Society President and was in charge of getting an arrangement for the meetings. I actually am NOT a big fan of arrangements - especially big ones. I prefer wedding bouquets because I have more control over the flowers. Of course when you have a florist in the family, you automatically turn to them in such a situation right? And of course you can't turn down family. Lisa said to just do something bright and fun. Since spring is knocking on the door I decided I had to have tulips. I ended up with pinks and oranges and was happy with how this one turned out. I actually enjoyed myself this time around.
As I sat through my own stake conference this weekend I'd wished I'd had something bright and springy to look at.
This past week was Jenny's birthday and instead of doing the traditional girl's lunch she wanted to have a date night - no kids. So my parents, siblings and spouses all went to dinner at the old standby - Olive Garden. It was a lot of fun. I'm so glad we all get along so well and enjoy spending time together. I'm also glad that I have sisters! I don't know what I'd do without them. Lisa made a comment the other day that I totally agree with - "It doesn't matter how many kids I have to have, my daughter has to have a sister."
Happy Birthday Jenn!

5 comments:

Marli said...

Wow!!! That arrangement is awesome!!!

Jessie said...

It was fun to play with the kids at Stacy's. The swing seemed to be the biggest hit.

I love that we all have so much fun together. It was totally worth having all those kids!

Beautiful flowers, Rebecca. You have quite the vision and talent.

Diana said...

I love your flower arrangements. You are so talented! Lisa's statement rings so true in the sense that there is nothing better in this world than sisters!

Anna said...

Oh how I LOVE that picture of Emily drawing. Love, love, love it.

Johnson's said...

1st: Oh my! You are amazing-I love the arrangement!
2nd: I agree with the sister thing. I have 8 bro & NOT 1 sister...so we'll keep having kiddo's (or adopt) until Taylee has at least one sister...now watch, I'll have all girls!
3rd (finally): I absolutely love reading the 'Emilyisms'...When Taylee starts talking can I steal your idea?