Well, I would say our first camping adventure with Emily was a success. We headed up Wednesday afternoon and spent the evening setting up camp, etc. Our first night wasn't the best - I was constantly waking up and every time I looked at Emily she was off of her pad and out of her sleeping bag. My neice also didn't sleep at all and kept most of her family awake. The next night everyone was exhausted and all slept soundly - thank heavens. We decided to sandwich Emily in between the tent and our air mattress and it worked perfectly. Emily had a blast riding bikes and running around with all of her cousins. When I told her Saturday morning that we were packing up and going home she said she didn't want to because she liked camping.
Riding the KOA Train
Our first morning there all the guys went golfing so we didn't make it to the beach till around noon. The kids still had a blast. Jeff, Emily & Ally made a sandcastle and we all splashed around in the water and rode the waverunners.

Nick & Stacy came up Thursday night with their two boys. So the next day Jackson joined Emily & Sara in the water & sand.

Of course I ended up snapping tons of pictures of little Gracie - babies in swimsuits are so cute!

Jenn was able to get her girls to sleep while we were at the beach (lucky her! I miss those days). Of course Cameron, being the good baby he is, did great with his naps.

Sara had a bit of a hard time while camping. She didn't really adjust till the last day. So we all heard a lot of crying from that little girl. She was so tired & cranky. On Friday we were all eating lunch and looked over and to see that Sara had passed out...

Notice the last bite of sandwich in her hand?

It was fun to spend time with the family & see Bear Lake again. However we were all glad we weren't up there any longer. Three nights with all those little kids was plenty.

The fam - minus the two who stayed at home
No comments:
Post a Comment